Thursday, October 15, 2009

Camping with Paw

After many failed attempts at the "perfect" Christmas gift for my Dad, Trisha and I decided to take him camping with the boys as his gift this year. He had a blast! We headed to Broken Bow, OK and stayed right next to Beaver's Bend state park. It was cold all weekend - which made it perfect weather for a campfire! This was probably the favorite part of the trip for the boys. Wait, actually the favorite part was the product of those campfires - the SMORES! Duh. I should have said that in the first place. ;)









Here we are, just arrived, about to head out for a scavenger hunt!

How blessed am I to have such a wonderful Dad?!?! He loves my children more than life itself. I worry about him because he lives alone in the middle of nowhere, but he's happy and he loves it. So, I let him be. His home is a shrine to his grandsons! Poor me, poor Trisha and poor Lance. We are definitley overshadowed by these 4 handsome little boys. It's funny, he bought a color picture printer the middle of this year. When it was too hot for him to work outside, he went to work printing out 8x10 of the boys, and hanging them all over his house! I'll have to take a pic next time I'm over there. It's hilarious - but sooooo sweet.
I'm so thankful that we've started this family tradition with Dad. Trisha and I decided that only Dad, his kids and grandkids are allowed. NO husbands! Rhonda can come, but no smelly men trying to tell Daddy how to stir the fire! ;) Nothing like special time with my Daddy...









Creed after a hike, I think we wore him out!

 













 










No comments: