Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I did it!


Well, after a lot of nervousness/anticipation, I got Carson and Jonah off to preschool ON TIME this morning and Creed and I went to make a few returns. I'm not sure why, but I was really nervous last night. I even told Rusty it felt like I had a big exam the next morning and I hadn't studied at all (nightmares from my first Audit class at Tech). Anyway, Rusty has been amazing the last two weeks while on paternity leave and it ended yesterday. So...a lot of pressure went into me getting it all "right" today.


There is a 15 minute window to get both boys walked into two different schools and safely delivered to their classrooms (with Creed in tow) - success! I sighed as I dropped Jonah off and Creed and I headed to Wal Mart and the mall. While at Nordstroms I dropped my wallet, didn't realize it until I had left (did I mention that it was pouring down rain and I didn't have an umbrella?) and was subsequently late for a lunch date (sorry Gina). BUT, everyone was safe, we all survived the day and I picked the boys up on time. Woohoo! Day one - check!


I just have to take a moment here to talk about how much I love my husband. Minus the early morning hours (Rusty is a far cry from being a "bright eyed-bushy tailed fella" when he wakes), he has been an AMAZING dad over the last two weeks. I honestly don't know how I would have survived without his help. The best part was that we just made a really good team. It was awesome - God knew just what we needed from one another - He always does! We got to share the little funny stories that the boys would come up with (Carson came home from school one day and said "Mom and Dad what starts with A and don't say apple because I already know that one!"...and Jonah loves Creed to death - almost literally! Many times over the past two weeks we've looked over to see Jonah smothering him with a hug. The poor guy doesn't know how to gently love Creed. Anyway, I'm going to miss having Rusty here. Props to Ernst & Young for offering paid paternity leave to it's employees. I encourage all new super dads to take advantage!

No comments: